High-quality audition videos increase your chances to be taken seriously by colleges, dance intensive programs, choreography fellowships and more.
We plan with you to choose the right space for your audition, bring professional lighting to enhance the look of your video and work with you to choose the takes you perform the best in post-production.
My daughter and I were thrilled how the video turned out (we cannot thank you enough!) and she truly loved working with you in making this all happen. She was accepted for the Valentina Kozlova contemporary competition on the basis of that video! We feel truly blessed!NSP Audition Video Client
Audition Video Services
Nel Shelby Productions will film your audition with one-camera and create a video audition reel according to your audition specifications. The film shoot includes two hours with an NSP Professional Dance Videographer and lighting equipment provided by NSP. We will consult with dancer and/or dance coach about vision for video and any specific audition guidelines prior to filming.
Choreography and studio rental fees are not included in our pricing. We expect that you will coordinate time in a studio, but we are happy to recommend potential spaces.
- One audition reel (up to 15 minutes long), provided in first, second and final password-protected drafts for Client review and approval
- Final QuickTime files (H.264 files for PC or AIC for Mac; RAW files; and MP4 web files) transferred to client’s hard drive using NSP Drive Transfer System
- NSP mails a drive to client. Client transfers the files to personal computer, and mails the drive back to NSP. All shipping fees are included.
- Final MP4 files delivered electronically via Dropbox
- Nel Shelby Productions keeps masters in archives
- 2 DVDs delivered with menu of choice, designed using high-resolution images provided by the Client and including scrolling credits or title cards as appropriate
- Additional hour of filming
- Edited video of choreographed work(s)
- Edited highlight reel of past performances and/or existing rehearsal footage
- DVD Duplications
- Hollywood-style DVD packaging with wraparound cover
- Additional video compression for web
Our Pro Tips for Creating a Successful Audition Video
While our video team is made up of current and former trained dancers, we are unable to coach from behind-the-camera. We strongly suggest you have a dance instructor or coach present during your film shoot to help guide you, making corrections and suggestions. This has been a huge help in past video shoots.
It’s always helpful for us to see your audition guidelines before the shoot, so please share them if available.
We want to use all the time available capturing your best takes of all your material. Please arrive to your shoot warmed up and ready to begin filming.
Finally, prepare your variations and choreography. We are happy to film as many takes as we can during the time we have together, but it all goes much smoother if you know your material inside and out.
WORK WITH US
We take great care and pride in creating audition videos that present you at your very best.