Behind the Scenes with Buglisi Dance: Table of Silence | Promo Video
It’s a constant reminder of the power of the human spirit in dark times.
Artist, Table of Silence 9/11
Artistic Director Jacqulyn Buglisi helped us envision this film from start to finish. When Ben Richards and Brittany Pace on my team went to film the artists in rehearsal, they asked them a variety of questions that Jacqulyn herself suggested:
- How has Table of Silence transformed you as a dancer?
- What do the specific gestures mean?
- What does Jacqulyn Buglisi talk about as she teaches you the movement?
- Have you done Table of Silence before? What does it mean to you?
- How do you feel this performance helps our country and the world?
We are creating more and more films like this for our clients – films that focus on storytelling and are not a clear call to action to donate or see an event. Something like this mini-doc can be shown again and again to help introduce Table of Silence to new dancers and viewers and artists. It can be used to build an audience in an off-season and give a feel for a company. I hope that in 2017 we will help even more companies share their artistic vision and their journey in creating work in addition to documenting performance.
Interested in building your own behind-the-scenes video?
We can’t wait to hear all about your project & process!