Nel Shelby Productions, a fast-paced video production company in New York City, is in search of a Marketing Manager.
NSP is looking to fill a part-time, hourly position to manage our web, email, social media and customer relations marketing. The role is estimated to require a commitment of 10-15 hours per week.
Who we’re looking for:
The person who fills this role will work in collaboration with the owner Nel Shelby. They must exude patience, empathy and confidence. Ideally, they know how to balance big, creative, forward-thinking strategy with detail-oriented action planning. They should be a team player, fun and have a sense of humor. They should practice persistence and follow-through when making work requests, and plan ahead whenever possible to accommodate the varied schedules of NSP’s passionate and freelance-based team.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for keeping NSP top of mind for dozens of our talented and loyal clients; showcasing NSP’s strengths, values and impressive projects on various online outlets; maintaining a consistent schedule of inspirational and compelling communications; and attracting new potential clients who are looking for dance video projects in NYC and beyond.
Responsibilities will vary as new marketing needs and ideas arise, but typically include:
- brainstorming, creating and distributing a twice monthly blog entry and email newsletter as well as a once monthly warm email from Nel to her clients;
- collaborating on ideas for social media content with Nel;
- regular posting on the NSP Facebook page and Instagram grid and Stories;
- uploading newly produced videos to NSP Vimeo, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook;
- maintaining current page content and creating any necessary new content on nelshelby.com — a WordPress, Divi theme site;
- providing monthly roundups of important analytics measuring marketing outcomes;
- setting and revising email marketing automations for different segments of Nel’s subscriber list in Mailchimp;
- brainstorming and planning out special marketing campaigns to attract new business;
- partnering with NSP’s Operations & Business Development Manager to contact potential clients for performance documentation through the NYC dance seasons;
- providing input and/or management to any outside vendors, partners or contractors in relation to the website or social media advertising;
- overseeing a marketing calendar to keep all team members accountable (including Nel!) and all tasks organized
Desired skills or understanding include:
- Email Marketing / Mailchimp
- Web Content Management / WordPress (Divi theme experience a plus)
- Facebook & Instagram (Facebook Ads Manager experience a plus)
- YouTube & Vimeo
- Writing and Copyediting
- Client/Customer Relations
They may work remotely and/or from NSP’s Manhattan office located in midtown.
Candidates should be familiar with the dance field and/or video production, with 3-5 years of related professional experience. The person who fills this role will be treated as an independent contractor, paid on a 1099 and will not receive benefits.
“Nel Shelby Productions is a fun, friendly and fast-paced environment. The whole team is talented and generous. There’s a true spirit of collaboration and team meetings often feel like a gathering with friends, even though we’re checking off to-dos and troubleshooting together. Our client base is made of gifted artists who are a dream to create with. Office systems and procedures keep everyone organized while also allowing for the flexibility needed in this artistic world we live in. Best of all, Nel is kind, smart and a compassionate leader who is a joy to work with.”
— AMY JACOBUS, MARKETING, NEL SHELBY PRODUCTIONS
How To Apply
Submit your answers to these questions and attach your resumé to be considered for the position.