Vail Dance Festival Video & Photo Highlights 2022
Filming & Photographing Vail Dance Festival is a dream
- An Aspen Forest creative portrait session with Lauren Lovette (she lovingly referred to it as a ‘pas de deux between her and Christopher’)
- Livestreaming the NOW: Premieres performance
Our Team sushi party by the Gore Creek
- Shoots in the mountains with Roman Mejia & Tiler Peck (and filming Tiler’s fouettes & Roman’s jumps!!)
- Collaborating with the VDF team and our team
- Christopher making family portraits with Justin Peck & Patricia Delgado
- The fresh mountain air
- Morning hikes with our son Jack
- Closing night’s Silent Disco
- Collaborating with historian Lauryn Johnson
We love capturing the magical mix of rehearsals and on-stage moments that make Vail such a special space for supporting creation and high-caliber performance.
Keep scrolling for a few of Christopher’s favorite dance photos & a few of Nel’s favorite produced videos from this summer at Vail…
Live-streaming NOW: Premieres at Vail Dance Festival 2022
Sara Mearns & Robbie Fairchild in rehearsal
New work by Ephrat Asherie
One of our favorite things about Vail Dance Festival is the collaborative atmosphere. It was SO FUN to watch dancers of all different backgrounds, genres, and styles come together to create with Ephrat. This video is full of such passionate energy and joy… every time we watch, we smile.
The Making of Pam Tanowitz’ “No Nonsense”
“I think that my work doesn’t necessarily tell a story, but there already is a story involved in making something. I feel like when I start making things, I let the making become the meaning and I try to find human moments within the abstraction.” – Pam Tanowitz
Merce Cunningham’s “Changing Steps” in rehearsal
Nel studied Cunningham technique in her BFA program in college and has always loved the work. In fact, a lot of the NSP team has been influenced by Merce Cunningham throughout their dance experience. Melissa Toogood staged “Changing Steps” for Vail this summer, and the rehearsal process footage is glorious!!!